Friday, January 29, 2010

Rockabilly and Duff's Garage!

 Last night I got a text from a friend of mine about an event at Duff's Garage here in Portland. Seems there's a six year old and his dad and brother who are going to be there tonight playing. The six year old sings and the dad and brother play.



 I've been happily re-creating or drawing inspiration from vintage, circa 1930's to 1950's, hairstyles for several months now and have been thoroughly enamored with the culture and style of the vintage subset. It's been a lot of fun and growth to discover styles and fashions which fit and actually look good on me! Being not a toothpick, but rather hour-glass-like, the styles suit me way better than any 'super-holy-crap-butt-crack low rise' jeans ever will. Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to get an affordable pair of jeans that isn't extra low rise, or lacking in hips if it's not?? Seriously. I can't be the only one this shape.

 Anyway, the invitation found me lacking in Winter/Spring appropriate vintage/vintage inspired clothing, so I'll be scrambling to find something vaguely reminiscent of the '50s that I can wear there tonight. One of my favorite sites to drool over, though is Baby Girl Boutique . They have some rather cute things, like this dress and this one. They are actually based in Portland, too, which is really neat - to me anyway! They were even nice enough to allow me to skip shipping and pick up a dress out from their location (I contacted them by email to set up a time).

Here's hoping I find something for tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment